Most water distribution systems have areas where there are pipelines that may not have sufficient demands to keep the detention time short enough to maintain minimum disinfectant residuals. Long-term low disinfectant residual conditions within a water pipeline not only encourage biofilm growth, they also increase demand for disinfectant. This makes it more difficult for operators to maintain desired minimum disinfectant residual levels in the distribution system.
A recognized solution to this water quality problem within distribution systems is periodic flushing of the pipelines. This process allows for the turnover of water in the line, flushing the water that has a low disinfectant residual and the biofilm from the inside surface of the pipe. The STREGA smart-valve can be installed anywhere and does not require any external power source. With its time-controlled management of the flushing periods, the LoRaWAN valve will operate automatically and securely, for years of operations.
- Fits any pipe sizes
- Rated for high pressure up to PN20
- Local manual override with anti-fraud detection
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Leak detection sensor
- BSP (G–ISO 228) or NPT threads (North America)
- Optional flanges (above DN50)
- Made of brass and stainless steel
- Pipe size up to DN80/3” (battery operated) and beyond using the EXT-ACPW actuator option
- Available in “all-in-one” or segregated edition