Smart metering needs smart-valves !
STREGA LoRa wireless smart valve can help water municipalities to optimize their network by remotely closing pipes before water is reaching users. It makes even more sense at entry points: a Control Center can switch off a valve when a customer is not paying his water usage bill, rather than sending an operator for a manual close (then again for reopening the valve…). A smart management of Open/Close operations can even be performed automatically by the SCADA center when a bill is paid.
Future smart cities require smart utility meter devices. One particularly challenging part is to associate water meter in combination with automatic valve closing. While water meter manufacturers have adopted low power wireless M-Bus technology long back, none of them have looked at its direct counterpart: the valve. At many places, there is no energy supply available, so devices need to be battery powered. In many countries worldwide, new environmental legislations require the utility companies to take active measures against waisting water in case of leaks.
Water will soon be declared to be a human right, so closing a valve in case of water leakage will no longer be an option.
Combined with a smart Gateway-Concentrator like the STREGATE, the water valve can close itself autonomously in case leaks or burst pipes are detected.
- Smart-valve can be closed from remote in case a leak or burst pipe is detected to avoid water damage
- One Concentrator only for managing smart-valves from an entire 22 floors building
- Automatic water switch off in case of leak detection
- Remote Closing for users not paying their water bills…
- Unique Valve design that will not be corroded (particularly important for valves staying long time in the same position)
- Easy installation with 10+ years automy on 2 x type C batteries