LoRaWAN PEST MONITORING
Extreme Range Wireless
Rodent Detection Solution
The STREGA wireless Rodent Detection Solution has been designed to provide a seamless ultra long range wireless capability to detect a rodent caught by a trap in its bait station.
This STREGA wireless Rodent detection Sensor connects directly to the mechanical rat-trap while providing wireless connectivity up to 15+km (10+ mi.) distance from the Control Room even through obstacles.
The STREGA LoRaWAN Rodent detection sensor detects the capture of a rodent from a trap action and sends an immediate alarm to the Gateway and the Control Center for removal by service personnal.
- Energy efficient: battery operated for 6+ years autonomy
- Rodent trap action detection with direct LoRa transmission
- Daily keep alive info with battery status
- Cost effective solution
- Works both on operated and private LoRaWAN networks (no cloud service required)
With its ultra-low-power consumption, the STREGA wireless Rodent Detection Sensor can operate on batteries during 6+ years (calculation based on one keep alive status/day and 4 catches per week) and through extreme long distances from the gateway/concentrator. LoRaWAN technology provides an exceptional obstacles penetration even in urban or sub-urban areas.
STREGA Rodent detection system for mouse and rat traps is designed around a sophisticated industrial grade sensor that STREGA has finetuned for this application. This extreme range wireless solution is running on LoRaWAN technology, is low cost and low power while designed for outdoor applications. The sensor is coupled with a temperature sensor for environmental conditions and a push button for activation/rearming or debug frame emission.
The STREGA Rodent detection sensor is compatible with public and private LoRa networks, and has many filtering conditions to make sensing very accurate.
The sensor with its replaceable AA battery and its efficient ultra low power consumption allow more than 6 years autonomy. The sensor can operate outdoor in harsh temperature environment up to +70°C. The STREGA Rodent detection sensor has a small footprint (75x22x50mm) and is delivered within a waterproofed IP68 casing. It is securely fastened on the mechanical rat trap.
- Universal: compliant with majority of rat and mouse traps and bait stations
- Plug & Play: installation in less than 2 minutes
- Long range: strong signal penetration (even within a city)
- Accurate: monitors real trap operation
- Secure: data encrypted from trap to concentrator and from concentrator to server
- Battery autonomy: ultra-low power with 6+ years autonomy
- Material: ABS base Weight:87g
- Dimension: 15*7.6*6.5cm
- Flash: 256KB
- RAM: up to 32KB
- Lithium battery
- 1x RGB LED
- 1x Push button
Protocol – Network
- LoRa 1.0 Class A – Class C (compatible)
- LoRa sensitivity: -137 dBm
- Compliant with STREGATE Concentrator/Gateway
- CE marking
- Polyamide 6.6 (PA 66) material
- Indoor & outdoor use (IP68)
- 2m drop resistant
- Dimensions: 75mmx50mmx22mm
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Working temperature: -20°C to +70°C